Medior Data engineer
We are looking for a medior Data Engineer to join our growing team.
Are you passionate about data, structured or unstructured? Do you love developing data pipelines to transform data into the correct data model? Are you eager to help customers gain insight out of their ‘data’ and thus become more efficient and effective? If you’re nodding your head like crazy right now, then read on!
~ We talk data, we create value ~
As medior data engineer you are a key player in the development life cycle on various data platforms. You have a proactive attitude and you love sharing your knowledge with colleagues and customers. As a standard, you apply best practices in your day to day job.
You’re responsible for:
- Assembling large, complex data sets that meet business requirements.
- Creating and maintaining optimal data pipeline architecture.
- Building the infrastructure required for optimal extraction, transformation, and loading of data from a wide variety of data sources using SQL and various technologies.
- Working with stakeholders including the Executive, Product, Data and Design teams to assist with data-related technical issues and support their data needs.
- Identifying, designing, and implementing process improvements: ex. automating manual processes, optimizing data delivery, etc.
- Remaining up-to-date with industry standards and technological advancements that will improve the quality of your work.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher
- Proven experience as a Data Engineer or similar (at least 4 years of relevant field experience).
- Experienced with Data Warehouse / Big Data concepts
- Experienced with ETL technologies (ex. ODI, Informatica PowerCenter, …)
- Good proficiency in Scripting languages (ex. Python, Spark, R, …)
- Knowledge of cloud solutions (ex. AWS, Azure, Google Cloud).
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
What’s in it for you?
- An inspiring environment where we push you to learn and test your limits. By tapping into your talents, we offer you a job that you can tailor to your own interests and aspirations.
- Team spirit fun like you wouldn’t believe: yearly ski-trip, hilarious team building activities, impromptu lunches out of the office…
- A work/life-balance respectful of everyone’s personal time.
- A nice salary package, including all common benefits.
- In addition to the workplace at the customer we have three different offices for you to work from: Lummen, Kontich or Turnhout – it’s your choice. And there’s snacks everywhere to battle that afternoon dip.
- Just an all-round great time – we want you to come to work and enjoy it!
- A tailored career path with professional guidance along every step of the way.
So what do you think? Ready to change your professional career?
Apply now by sending us your resume and motivation to firstname.lastname@example.org and we’ll get in touch. Or alternatively, let us know if you have any questions by connecting with us on LinkedIn. https://www.linkedin.com/company/xplodata/
The XploData team